Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Alyson's Wedding Cake - May 2013

My friend Cori asked me to make her daughters wedding cake.  Of course I said I would!  They were having the wedding reception at the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield in a barn.  They wanted a country setting for their reception.  It was a beautiful setting.

We decided on 3 cakes, each with a story to tell, and different flavors.

This is the cake table with all 3 cakes

This cake was a chocolate cake with coconut filling.  I iced it smooth and used ribbon to decorated it with the wedding colors and flowers used in the wedding party.

This cake was the centerpiece.  It was white cake with raspberry filling.  I iced it smooth and sprayed it with pearl shimmer.  I also used small pearl candies for the dots on the middle cake and the borders on each layer.  The shoe on top was from Disneyland.  Alyson and Derrik got engaged at Cinderella's castle at Disneyworld.  So we wanted something to represent that part of their story.

This cake was white cake with lemon filling.  I iced it smooth and used a burlap ribbon.  The giraffes on top represent their first date.  Derrik flew out to see Alyson over summer break.  They spent the whole week together.  One place they went was the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  You can feed the giraffes there, and Alyson loves giraffes.

No comments:

Post a Comment